Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Anna and Lizzy make Monday Night Dinner

My roommate Anna and I had the 2nd Monday Night Family Dinner. We decided to go for the Breakfast for Dinner. For me, breakfast food is my favorite and having Sunday brunch after church is tradition. I've been disappointed so far with the "pastry and coffee" for breakfast here in Italy. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, and although I love my pastries, eating the amount to fill me up probably is not the best for my health. We had to include some Italian sausage with this meal, and despite popular belief, I can actually cook meat, and those sausages were gone in minutes. I coated them in olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano.
We found these mini frozen potatoes at the big grocery store on the mainland, which I keep calling Pandora or Patagonia, but it's actually called Panorama. They were so cute and saved us the trouble of cutting up potatoes.
For the onions and peppers I marinated them in olive oil, rosemary, oregano, garlic and salt.

Anna made a gluten free cinnamon crumb cake. You couldn't even tell it was gluten free! Actually I never can tell when stuff is gluten free. I guess most people just assume gluten free tastes weird. The ovens here are super weird and take forever to cook, but both of our cakes still tasted good, but were a little dense from falling.
I made a non-gluten free lemon blueberry cake. Here's my recipe for it! Who knew finding powdered sugar would be so hard. Also, the baking powder here comes in little packets that look and smell like powdered sugar and so does the vanilla flavoring. So confusing.
We also made mushrooms, spinach and sundried tomatoes and of course scrambled eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment